Chile

Chile

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Latest Email Ever Sent

Hey family!!

This letter is ridiculously late.  I apologize for that.  We decided to try to climb a hill with the zone leaders in the middle of the day and we greatly underestimated the time it would take to do so, so we're super late today.  I'll have to write real quick but I'll give a quick update.

First off, today!  Today was awesome, even though we're behind.  Next Monday I'll be doing another exchange in Pichidegua to help out there and say goodbye to those I can on the way, so this was my last p-day in San Fernando, which is why the zone leaders wanted to go climb the hill, and we happily obliged.  The hill didn't look that high from the ground, but it turned out to be the highest hill I've ever climbed on my mission by far.  We probably climbed about 2,000 feet, but it's hard to say, it's the hill on the West side of San Fernando if you're curious enough to look it up on google earth.  It was incredible though, definitely on the list of the most incredible places I've ever been.  I'll try to send pictures next week.

As far as the work goes, it's been a good week!  We've been working pretty hard with less actives, and we've made some progress!  A lot of people promised they'd go to church that didn't (that happens sometimes) but the biggest surprise was that one less active that never attends church went this week!  She has a smoking problem and really bad depression, but we've been encouraging her and I think she's going to to the 12 step class as well.

We also started the 12 step class this week!  It went pretty well, but I don't have time to write details.

The kids are progressing well, their baptism will be this Saturday!  Wooooo!

I don't remember if I already said this, but the hermanas from Centinela are working in San Fernando 2 two times a week now and it's helping a ton.

Okay, I really don't have time to write anything, but I'll write a good one next week!  I love you all!

Love
Elder Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment