Chile

Chile

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Elder Fox: The Last Airbender

Post from May 2, 2017


Hey all!  This week was a little slower, but still good.  Since it was the last week of the change naturally a lot of weird things started happening, but everything is normalling out right now.

For one, to explain the title of the email, yesterday was labor day, so nothing in the whole city was open.  It was really eerie (I have no clue how to spell that) because there was thick fog and nobody was outside all day.  We ended up going to play futbol with some less actives that are coming back in the branch then we went to a German Sandwich shop (literally the only place open in the city) which was amazing.  We had actually planned to go there before, and then when everything was closed we figured it would be closed too, then we called and it was open!  So that was exciting news for us.  Then, I needed to get my hair cut really bad, so I had Elder Arroyo from Chimbarongo do it.  It was a really bad idea.  Long story short, the hair on all my head is about a half a centimeter long and I may or may not look like Aang from Avatar.  Woops.  Hopefully it'll grow back well enough before I go home.  I'll send pictures once I can get them on the computer.  I actually kind of like it though because my hair never bothers me anymore and I don't have to do it in the mornings or anything.  And of all the times to have my hair like this in my life, the mission is the place to do it.

I don't have a lot of time, so I'll have to summarize the week very quickly.  Sorry!  Anywho, President Harris came to our branch this week to talk to them during branch council and give a talk during sacrament meeting.  It was amazing having him there, hopefully he inspired a lot of changes in the administration of things.  I was able to ask him there how his visit to Pichidegua went, it seems that Ivan is still not budging for now, which is disappointing, but I know that President did everything he could do so now I feel even more peace.  

Sounds like things are doing well in Calle Larga, Elder Sawyer left Friday morning and took his flight last night.  Since Friday, Alejandro has been working with Elder Ullua as his companion.  Elder Manzano is going to replace Elder Sawyer there, and I don't know him at all but I have faith that things are going to be great!  Alejandro has a calling now, as a counselor in the Sunday school presidency.  Exciting stuff!  Evelyn came to eat lunch with us on Wednesday and say goodbye to me since she doesn't think she'll make it to San Fernando again.  It was awesome seeing her again.

Here we've been teaching Angela's kids and we put baptism dates with them this week!  They'll both make their date, so we'll be having 2 baptisms on the 3rd of June if I'm not mistaken.  We also had an open chapel this Saturday, but it was kind of a dud.  Elder Sharp and I were dressed in white in the baptismal font room for the tour.  After people learned a little about the restoration from the sisters, they would come to the font where we would talk about baptism and confirmation.  It was fun, but only 5 non-members came.  Not a lot compared to the 103 we had in Conti.  But it was still good!  That night we got the changes, and we're all staying!!  All 6 of us!  I don't think that's every happened in the mission history, that all 6 missionaries in a house of 6 stay two changes in a row.  But it's really exciting, it's been a good house and we've been really good friends.  So, I got one more change here in San Fernando 2 with Elder Figueroa.  We're going to give it all!

So that was my week!  I love you all, hope you have a great week!

Love
Elder Fox


No comments:

Post a Comment